Hacienda Rumiloma is a magical oasis of rustic luxury overlooking Quito, Ecuador. This charming hacienda is situated in nearly one hundred acres of primary and secondary Andean forest on the side of the Volcano Pichincha. Rumiloma features an eclectic mix of traditional Ecuadorian and sophisticated international tastes in everything from the decor to the menu, from the guest suites to the personalities of our owners and staff.
The main building houses an outstanding restaurant featuring Ecuadorian-style fusion cuisine. The bottom floor has been converted into an intimate Irish/ Ecuadorian pub, complete with a walk-in fireplace. There are several cozy sitting rooms perfect for relaxing after a long day touring in the historic center, hiking in the surrounding hills, or just enjoying an after-dinner drink while gazing out over the lights of the city to the Amazon jungle beyond.
The exceptionally appointed suites scattered around the hacienda are amongst the finest in the country. Each casita, or little house, boasts a minimum of 600 sq. feet. All are filled with a unique mix of antiques, art and collectables from the far corners of Ecuador. The guest rooms are the epitome of rustic luxury- pot bellied stoves, colonial art fluffy down covers, & spectacular bath rooms all housed within hand crafted walls of adobe and stone made and/or mined here on the property. All have cozy sitting rooms, spacious bedrooms and terraces or indoor gardens, and of course, the best views anywhere in Quito.
The hacienda backs up to thousands of acres of national park land with scores of trails, a small river, and llamas grazing peacefully. The property also boasts a wide variety of native birds and wildlife, and unspoiled acres of Primary Andean Forest filled with trees and wildflowers all within minutes of the capitol city.
Restaurante & Bar
The main building houses an outstanding restaurant featuring home-style fusion cuisine. The bottom floor has been converted into an intimate Irish/ Ecuadorian pub, complete with a walk-in fireplace.
The Cosiest Bar/Pub
A walk in fireplace which will transport you back to the most charming ancient times of Irish Pubs with all the warmth of the Andes and castles is the perfect spot for indulging in trying the most exotic cocktails while choosing from over 16,000 songs from our jukebox.
Rumiloma offers it’s guests a wide array of Activities:
- An evening tour of the spectacular colonial center of Quito in a traditional “Chiva” or open-air bus with an live band on the roof and hot toddies to ward off the chill in the Andean air.
- aily “trapiche” festival with traditional sugar cane press and complimentary fresh sugar cane cocktails for our guests.
- Award winning folkloric dance company from the neighborhood, which performs traditional indigenous dances portraying Andean life in vibrantly colorful costumes.
- Mountain and/or Rock climbing adventures with certified mountain guides. We can offer glacier school on one of Ecuador’s Volcanoes, or a rock-climbing outing on our own Gua-gua Pichincha, for amateurs to experienced climbers of all ages.
- Gastronomic tours which can include the outdoor markets accompanied by local chefs, Chocolate tours from the cacao farms to truffle making, Coffee tasting tours, and Wine tasting featuring the finest South American vineyards.
Certificates of Excellence
M/Y Stella Maris
Exclusive Galapagos Cruises
Exclusive Galapagos Cruises
Machu Picchu Inc